Instruction manual /warrant terms:
(models GS 960, GS 960inox, GS 915, GS 720, GS 720 inox, GS 675, GS 580, GS 580 inox, GS 460, GS 460 inox, Basic-460, Basic 580)
Before using the appliance, read the instruction manual. The appliance is for outdoor use only. The appliance works on gas.
• Don’t leave the working appliance unattended.
• Using this appliance is forbidden for children.
• The appliance is for outdoor use only.
• The appliance is meant for specific purposes only.
• The pan heats up and may burn.
• Don’t move the appliance or the gas bottle during operating.
• Don’t try to remove any parts from the working appliance.
• Don’t keep inflammable substances near the working appliance.
• Gas burner can only be repaired in places meant for that purpose.
• After use, always close the valves of the gas bottle and the burner.
• If you smell gas, close the gas valves immediately.
• Don’t ever use an appliance that is not technically in order.
• Don’t keep the gas bottle in direct sunlight.
• Gas hose must be replaced in every two years.
• When assembling, always tighten the bolts.
Technical data and components:
1. 3-5 mm steel or stainless steel pan.
2. 1-3-rng gas burner 6,5, 11,4 või 21 kw power-
3. Windshield/ appliance’s bearing frame
4. Feet 3 pcs.
5. Gas hose 1,2 m
6. Gas regulator (options: FI, NO, SE, DK, DE, BE, ES, RU, EE, LV, LT,PL)
7. Clips for attaching the hose 2 pcs.
Gas reducers: notice that the gas bottle and reducer would fit.
Lighting and use:
1. Check that the gas bottle is filled .
2. Check that the reducer is properly attached to the gas bottle.
3. Use a 30 mbar reducer that’s throughput is max 1 kg/h.
4. Check that the threaded reducer has a seal.
5. Check that all the connections are tightened.
6. Check that the control buttons are in “OFF” position and open the valve of the gas bottle.
7. Open the burner valves (look at the markings on the valves).
8. Push the ignition button (except for Basic series and PRO-460/ 460 inox)
9. If the burner does not light, close the valve, wait for the gas to disperse, and try again in a few minutes.
Temperatures on the pan:
1. Gas valves are fully open – when the pan has heated up and the valves are fully open, the temperature in the middle of the pan may reach over 300¤ C and over 200¤ C on the edges. This position is only used for a moment for fast heating. Don’t use this position in cooking!
2. Gas valves are half open – this position is used in medium and large load.
3. Gas valves are open a little – used in low load.
Temperatures may largely differ due to air temperature, wind, and the amount of food on the pan.
Temperature can be adjusted using gas valves.
First use: (STEEL PANS)
Before use the pan needs seasoning – the industrial oils on the pan burn and protective layer is formed on the pan. Do the following: light the burner on medium power, pour a thin layer of oil on the pan. Heat for 10-15 minutes, add more oil if necessary, and then let the pan cool down. Clean the cooled pan from oil (also remove bubbling surfaces). Repeat the procedure until most of the pan’s surface has become dark and the metal surface is smooth. Make sure that the heating temperature is not too high because it may have the opposite effect and the protective layer burns away. By seasoning with oil, the oil residue burns away from the pan surface, but the edges get the protective layer after the first cooking. NB!
The seasoning procedure is very important because without it the food might taste unpleasant and the food burns.
First use: (INOX- PANS)
Remove protective film from the pan. Wash the pan with warm water, you can also use dish washing liquid. Rinse properly.
Maintenance: Cleaning the pan – it is not recommended to clean steel pan with water because it dissolves the protective layer and may cause corrosion. If it has been done, previously described seasoning process must be repeated. Pan is cleaned with coarse- grained salt – after using the pan and removing food residues, put coarse-grained salt on the hot (working burner) pan. Old fat absorbs into the salt crystals. After processing the pan with salt, pour a thin layer of oil or fat on the pan – in
contact with water and in humid conditions salt causes corrosion. The pan must not be cleaned with detergents – it gives the food an unpleasant taste. If the pan is covered with thick and uneven layer of dirt, remove it using a metal or wooden spatula. Inox (stainless steel) pans ate cleaned with warm water and dish washing liquid. For greater dirt scourer can be used but that way the surface of the pan may become scratched. That does not affect cooking but the pan will become of a dimmer color.
Cleaning the windshield-Food residues, fat, etc. gather on the outer side panel during use. Use ordinary dish washer liquids for cleaning and rinse thoroughly.
Cleaning the burner- Lighter dirt can be removed using a dry or lightly damp cloth. If the little holes on the burner have clogged up, these are cleaned using a thin wire.
How to deal with possible errors and gain a delicious final result:
|The chimney won’t draft.|| All valves are totally shut.|
The ash tray is full of ashes.
| Check the position of the valves.|
Empty the ash tray.
|The oven smudges.||Wet wood, wrong kind of wood.||Use only dry wood. Use wood with a low tar-content (alder, fruit trees, oak).|
|Black (dark) smoke.||Wrong wood or the oven is cold..||Use only dry wood. Use wood with a low tar-content. Wait until the oven reaches a higher temperature.|
|Paint flakes off.||Too high temperature in some areas. The oven is painted +400°C heat-resistant paint.||+600°C black spray paint comes with the oven. Correct the defects, following instructions on the paint bottle.|
|The food gets dry.||Too high temperature. Water has evaporated from the water pan.||Lower the temperature and/or add water into the water pan.|
|Food looks (and tastes) as if boiled.||Too much humidity.||Add less water. Excessive humidity prevents the smoke from absorbing.|
|Food has too little smoky flavor.||Too much humidity.||Add less water.|
|The meat is not burnt but still tough.||Too low temperature.|
Too little humidity.
|Rise the temperature in the end of cooking. Add water if necessary.|
1. The device and its components have a 24-month manufacturing and material warranty. Warranty applies only with purchase document.
2. Warranty doesn’t apply for teaching use, maintenance, cleaning or restoring commercial appearance of the device, or fixing such defects that are caused by not following the instructions.
3. Warranty doesn’t apply for normal wearing of the device, corrosion of components and fixing defects originating from that. This also goes for the defects that are not important from the standpoint of usage (scratches, etc.).
4. If in the device or its components appears a defect during warranty, contact the retailer.